Hi All,
This is J writing this time! As you can see from the above photo, we picked up a new boat last night. Some may look at it and say "new?", well it is new to us! Most would take one look at this boat and then proceed to load it up and take it to the dump! I look at this boat and see all the history that is behind this simple vessel, and the life that is yet to be lived by it!! To the best of my knowledge it started it's life as a guide boat at a local fly shop in CO. Later in it's life it was severely neglected and left to rot outside. Someone eventually saw some potential in it and took it on as a project. Well, that person lost interest and the little guy changed hands once more. Then as in most boat cases, the idea of having or restoring a boat sounds bliss but in the end it usually becomes more work than most are willing to put forth or other priorities take over. Therefore, the boat is off to another home. This time it landed in my gear strown and crowded garage. Hopefully to begin a new life as a guide boat and river trip boat for our family!
One might be inclined to ask, " how did you end up with such a nice little boat?" Well I'm glad you asked, because I was gonna tell ya anyways! The mighty power of the Craigslist pages brought this little guy to my attention. Then a few frantic phone calls later and one case of Fat Tire and the boat was ours!! We brought it home and I threw some ribs and corn on the grill and just sat in the boat, pondering it's future. I can clearly see the day it will see the water again. Well, pretty clearly...I havn't decided what color to paint it yet!
I hope to keep writing about the restoration of the new rig. In my other ventures I have failed to chronicle the events that lead up to a finished boat. This time maybe I'll remember to take more pictures and write more down. Who knows maybe someone will find it interesting!!
Later,
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment